Overnight Smoothie Pancake & Spiced Coconut Butter
Any day that starts with pancakes is going to be a good day. Even better when they’re in your belly within 15 minutes!
You can prep the batter for these Overnight Smoothie Pancakes the night before if you’re short on time or being super organised.
One of the breakfasts in our Active Living Program (you can start any time and it’s free!), you’re going to love these flipping good pancakes!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (see recipe below)
- Fresh fruit
- 1 tablespoon syrup (honey/maple syrup/rice malt syrup)
- The night before you wish to make your pancakes, add all ingredient to a blender, and process until a smooth batter forms. If you are adding additional fruit to your mixture, add these before blending.
- Place batter in a sealed container and place in the fridge ready to use the next morning. Alternatively, you can start cooking straight away.
- When you are ready to cook, place a clean pan over a medium heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to pan.
- Once pan is hot, pour ½ cup of pancake mixture into pan. Once the centers of the pancake begin to bubble and the edges are set, flip and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Repeat this for the remaining mixture.
- Once all pancakes are cooked, serve with fresh fruit, coconut butter and syrup!
Spiced Coconut Butter
*This is delicious spread on toasted banana bread, your favourite cake or muffins.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (soft, but not melted)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Mix together until combined.
- Store this in the fridge in a sealed container.
Make batter smoothie the night before, cook in the morning!
Try different flavours with your pancakes. We added 1 teaspoon of orange zest for a nice twist!