Mornings should be an exciting time to get up and nourish your body with yummy foods. There’s nothing we love more than digging into a fresh smoothie bowl or whipping up a fresh batch of protein pancakes, with peanut butter of course. If you’re not as inspired as us in the mornings (and are growing a little tired of your overnight oats) maybe it’s time to shake things up in the nourish department! Cue our kiwi and coconut parfait that’s a cinch to whip together, or grab and go if you’re too busy to stop. All you need is ten minutes, and you’ve got a refreshing and new dairy free brekky on the menu.
Kiwi and Coconut Parfait
- 1 golden kiwi fruit, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kuzu or arrowroot dissolved in 1 tablespoon water**
- Layer kiwi slices around the outside of a glass. Heat coconut milk in saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle agar powder and whisk in until dissolved. Cook over low-medium heat for 6 minutes storing with wooden spoon. Stir in kuzu and cook for a further minute.
- Add in lemon juice and rice syrup. Pour into glass. Set in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight. Top with granola and fresh fruit (we used pomegranate).
**kuzu is an organic Japanese gluten free starch thickener which works fabulously for desserts and creamy parfaits like this one. It does much the same job as cornflour, which you can use in place of if you can’t get you hands on kudzu or arrowroot.