10 Minute Healthy Pitta Pizza
Everybody loves a good pizza, but let’s be honest they aren’t always the healthiest option. By swapping out your traditional pizza base with pitta bread and greek yoghurt for cheese, this pitta pizza will satisfy all of your pizza cravings without all of the unwanted extras.
Best of all, this recipe takes 10 minutes! So get your Friday night pizza fix with this yummy new recipe!
- 4 small wholemeal pitta bread
- 1 cup plain Greek Yoghurt
- 8 marinated or pickled artichoke halves
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- micro herbs
- 1/2 lemon
- Heat the grill to a maximum while you prep the pittas.
- On a lined baking tray, spread out the pittas and divide the yoghurt between them.
- Spread it out across the surfaces, and top with two artichoke halves per pitta.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the edges of the pitta begin to brown.
- Remove from the grill and top with peas, olive oil, almonds, herbs and a squeeze of lemon.
Dinner is served!!
Sally, The Fit Foodie is a self-confessed fitness + health foodie lover.
Concocting high-protein foods packed with good fats and wholesome nutrients, Sally shares her recipes to inspire other clean-eating journeys.
Blogging about her foodie adventures (and subsequently overcoming orthorexia) has propelled Sally into
freelance journalism, developing recipes and writing for a number of national health magazines. Sally is a proud Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, a yoga teacher, launched her own healthy snack business (Fit Mixes) and this year wrote her very first cookbook – Love Move Eat (Random House, March 2017).
Sally’s passion can been felt in her delicious, nourishing recipes.