Midweek dinner in a flash or a lazy Sunday nourish after a relaxing weekend, this Pesto Penne is easy to make and super tasty, making it one of our favourite flavour filled meals.
✔️Add your favourite protein like left over roasted chicken or cannellini beans for an even more wholesome meal.
✔️You can use pasta or vege noodles like zucchini or parsnip for even extra vitamins and minerals.
✔️It’s easy to add in any leftover veggies to reduce waste.
✔️Pesto is a great way to use up any herbs at the end of week, try coriander and mint with basil for a fresh flavour hit. 😋
✔️Make a big batch and portion in reusable containers for ready made lunches and dinners #mealprep.
✔️For extra flavour (and nutrition), you can sprinkle nutritional yeast or finely grated parmesan.
What recipes do you want to see on MNB? Let us know @lornajaneactive
Pesto Penne Pasta (Vegan)
- 1 packet of your favourite pasta penne cooked to packet instructions
- 1 packet baby spinach
- 1 batch of pesto (see recipe below)
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup macadamias
- Juice of a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all pesto ingredients in blender and blend to paste consistency. Adding 1 tablespoon of water if needed.
- In a bowl combine warm pasta, baby spinach and pesto and mix well.
- Season to taste.