We’re loving this beautiful (???? Instaworthy) Spiral Vegetable Tart! A simple and tasty way to get to your ‘5 a day’, this crowd pleasing tart is great for lunch or dinner. It’s also the ideal dish to bring along to dinners or BBQs over the holidays! Pair with a big fresh salad or your favourite side for a nutritious meal.
Share your delicious creations with us @lornajaneactive xx
Serving suggestions – pair with…
Spiral Vegetable Tart (Vegan Friendly)
- 1 packet of vegan filo pastry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pesto or cashew cream
- 2 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 butternut pumpkin, sliced into 4 cm wide lengths
- 1 sweet potato, sliced lengthwise thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 25 cm pie dish.
- Layer filo onto dish and brush with oil in between layers, until 6 layers thick.
- Blind bake pastry in oven for 15 minutes using pastry weights.
- Spread pesto or cashew cream over base then arrange vegetables in circles working from the outside inwards.
- Mix olive oil and thyme and brush over vegetables.
- Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are cooked.
- If pastry is going brown, place foil over tart and continue to cook until soft.