Happy World Vegetarian Day!!
To celebrate vegetarians, delicious vegetarian meals (and yummy food in general!) and an increasing number of people including more plant based meals in their diet, we wanted to share this gorgeous Turmeric Pumpkin Soup recipe.
Filled with the classic pumpkin soup creamy goodness, this recipe also adds a crunchy twist!
Turmeric Pumpkin Soup
PREPARE: 40-50 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 tsp turmeric powder*
- ½ Kent pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary roughly chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp smokey barbeque spices* or 2 tsp of liquid smoke
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and turmeric powder, cook for 2-3 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add the diced pumpkin and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary, vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pot, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until pumpkin is soft (approx 40 minutes).
- While the soup is simmering, drain chickpeas then place on paper towels and blot to ensure most of the liquid is gone.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl along with olive oil and SuperDip mix. Mix well to ensure they are well combined.
- Place chickpeas on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 230°C for 15 minutes or until crispy, then set aside.
- Puree the pumpkin soup using a hand mixer, serve with toasted chickpeas sprinkled on top!
We also recommend some soft sourdough or freshly toasted ciabatta to serve
What’s your favourite vegetarian recipe / meal?
For more recipes using Morlife Organic Natural Health Foods or shop ingredients, head here!