Ahhh gnocchi… The deliciously light morsels of dough smothered in sauce. We can confidently confirm that, although we have eaten enough gnocchi in our lifetime to feed a small village, we have never embarked on making it ourselves.
So, when our Active Chef introduced us to her no-fuss recipe, we were thrilled to able to make our favourite food all in the comfort of our
pajamas own kitchen.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi & Capsicum Pecan Pesto
Prep: 50 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 1 kg sweet potato
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven 180C. Roast sweet potato whole skin on for 50 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool then scoop out the flesh from the skin.
- Measure out how much sweet potato you have, and combine it with equal parts GF flour.
- In a bowl combine cooked sweet potato and flour and stir in egg. Season well.
- In the meantime, boil a large pot of salted water.
- Place dough on a floured chopping board; add flour if too sticky to form a ball. Divide into 4 parts and roll each portion into a 2 cm thick sausage.
- Cut dough into 3cm portions. Press with a fork.
- Add into boiling water and cook for 1 minute or until gnocchi floats to surface.
- Serve with roasted capsicum sauce.
Capsicum & Pecan Pesto
- 2 red capsicums
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 cloves garlic skin on
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 180C (or place in oven with sweet potato).
- Roast capsicum whole for 30 minutes.
- Roast nuts and garlic for 10 minutes, and remove garlic from its skin.
- Place capsicum in a sealed container to sweat off skin; Remove skin and seeds.
- Place capsicum, garlic, and nuts into a blender with 2 tablespoons olive oil and maple syrup. Blend until well combined.
- Keep aside until gnocchi is ready, or store in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Will you be getting your gnocchi on?