*Cue green jokes here*
Fitting in enough vegetables to your daily intake may seem like a chore at times, to be sure, but no longer with our St. Patrick’s Day Raw Green Rice. Yep, you read correctly, raw. Not only does this easy rice dish tick all the boxes for level 5 certified health-foodies, it’s also so easy you can make it in no time at all. It should go without saying, that this dish can be enjoyed year round, however for festive purposes, is it perfect for your green-themed weekend.
Don’t despair if you don’t have a food processor, we have also grated and roughly chopped the ingredients to make a nice rice texture. You can enjoy this as it is, or with your favourite cooked protein.
St. Patrick’s Day Green Rice
- 300 grams broccoli
- 100 grams cauliflower
- ½ bunch kale
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ teaspoon five spice mixture
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ½ lime, juice
- 20ml tamari
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey/maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees. Place your hazelnuts and almonds in the oven and roast for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, add the broccoli, cauliflower, kale and parsley into a food processor and pulse until a rice consistency is reached. Depending on the size of your food processor, you may have to process the vegetables in smaller batches. Set aside.
- Once you have toasted your nuts, add them to your food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- In a bowl, combine the vegetables and toasted nuts, salt and five spice and mix.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients. Pour over salad, and serve immediately.