Coconut Infused Creamy Tomato and Basil Pasta
This basil and tomato pasta is so delicious and creamy you’ll forget that it’s dairy free! Filling and flavoursome, it makes for a fab fast meal.
Prep Time5 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Large handful of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ lemon juiced
- 40g Nush Natural Almond or Cashew dairy free yoghurt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 400g gluten-free spaghetti
- 4 tbsp parmesan or 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, then add the garlic and fry on a low to medium heat until golden.
- Add in the tomato puree, tomatoes, coconut sugar and dried basil, then season to taste with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for 15-20 minutes until reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the lemon juice, CO YO, fresh basil leaves and heat through on a low heat.
- In the meantime, cook your pasta according to packet instructions. Drain once cooked and rinse through, leaving two tablespoons of the pasta water to the side.
- Place the pasta back in the pan, then stir through the tomato sauce and the reserved pasta water.
- Serve with parmesan or nutritional yeast, cracked black pepper and basil leaves.