Cauliflower, oh cauliflower. This humble white vegetable, often to be overshadowed by its green cousin broccoli, deserves a special place on your plate because of its extreme versatility and impressive array of nutrients.
Some might find the lovely cauli to be a bit bland, but over at MNB we love to eat it raw, add it to salads, use it in our cooking, season it with sensational spices and even mash for a healthier version of “mashed potatoes.”
This cancer fighting, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying veggie pairs so beautiful with the vibrant, bursting with flavour pomegranate and silky, flavoursome tahini. It’s a flavour combo made in vegetarian heaven. So, get it on your plate and try this delicious cauliflower salad.
Spiced Cauliflower Salad with Pomegranate & Tahini
Vegetarian Spiced Cauliflower Salad with Pomegranate & Tahini
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Serves 4
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp. each of ground cumin, coriander and fennel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- Himalayan sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- ½ mixed cup of coriander and parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsps. Unhulled Tahini
- 60g goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the cut up cauliflower with spices, garlic, oil, chili flakes to taste, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Rub all the ingredients together and place in the oven.
- Let cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the cauliflower to cool and then place into a salad bowl.
- Add chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, pomegranate seeds and roasted almonds.
- Mix all ingredients together, then drizzle with tahini and top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Option to add chicken for an extra protein hit!
What is your favourite recipe to use cauliflower?