Have some spare strawberries in the fridge? This recipe is the perfect opportunity not to let any go to waste!
Vegan Rustic Strawberry Galette
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of cold water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Strawberry filling:
- 1 large punnet (500gr) of strawberries rinsed and dried
- 1 tbsp of arrowroot
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse and dry your strawberries then cut off the greens and slice them in 2 or 3.
- Mix in a bowl with coconut sugar and arrowroot powder. Leave them in a bowl for 10 minutes to release some juice and make your galette less watery.
- While the strawberry filling rest make your dough by mixing in a bowl the flour, cold water and olive oil until it forms the dough.
- Between 2 sheets of baking paper, roll your dough in a large flat circle shape using a rolling pin and place on an oven tray.
- Remove the strawberry juice and assemble your galette by spreading the strawberries in the middle of your crust.
- Fold the edges in a rustic manner overlapping and cook the galette in the oven for 35-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Claire Power is a plant-based nutritionist, mum of 3 and the food blogger/stylist and photographer behind Healthyfrenchwife. Claire creates and shares colourful healthy plant-based recipes through her blog and social media to a following of over 100,000 people. She lives in Orange NSW. Find her recipes on Instagram @healthyfrenchwife or on her blog www.healthyfrenchwife.com