So why not plan out even just your breakfast this week and try out this easy option. It’s also one of the snacks on our Active Living Program Nourish Guide this week!)
These cheat egg muffins are a delicious savoury alternative to the usual eggs or savoury oats, so I hope you like them just as much as me.
Get creative with this recipe and sub the add ins for your favourite things like; diced tofu, feta, roast butternut squash (I recommend), courgette/zucchini…
If you’re wondering what nutritional yeast is, well it’s amazing. I add it to tonnes of my veggie dishes to add a cheesy flavour with added benefits (such as being a great source of selenium, folate, zinc, vitamin B and a complete protein) and no huge calorie boost. You can even sprinkle on top like you would parmesan cheese!
Vegan Egg Muffins
COOKS IN 35 MINUTES
- 150g chickpea flour
- 150 ml dairy free milk (coconut, almond or oat)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large sprigs of thyme (leaves torn off or 2 tbsp. dried thyme)
- 1 tbsp. dried mixed herb
- 4 tbsp. mixed seeds- I used pumpkin and sunflower
- 120g semi sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 small sweet potato grated or carrot
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, spices, herbs and baking agent.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar and coconut milk.
- Stir in the olive oil, grated veg, sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast, salt and pepper (or other vegan cheese sub).
- Spoon into greased or lined muffin cases (roughly 2 tbsp. of mix in each).
- Bake for 25-30 min until golden on top and firm to tap.
Breakfast is served!
Roz Purcell is a bestselling cookery author and entrepreneur. Roz has successfully launched a stellar media career which includes a winning role on Come Dine with Me Ireland, a guest chef appearance on TV3’s the Restaurant, and a stint as a Celebrity Bainisteor on RTE.
Her passion for healthy food and lifestyle has earned her thousands of followers on social media in recent years. You can connect with Roz on Instagram via @naturalbornfeeder and you can check out more of her delicious recipes here!