Meal prep recipe alert! This protein packed vegetable soup is perfect for lunch, dinner or as a deliciously warming mid hike snack.
Make a bulk batch and freeze portions for an easy grab and go meal to fuel all of your cold weather activities.
Tomato, Quinoa and Kidney Bean Soup with Harissa
Ingredients - Bean Soup
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- 1L vegetable stock
- 250g tomatoes, fresh and roughly chopped with skin and seeds
- 1 x 400g tin organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
Ingredients - Harissa Sauce
- ¼ cup EV olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. of harissa or chilli
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- In a large saucepan sauté the onion, garlic and celery till soft. Add the stock,
- kidney beans, tomatoes, quinoa, spinach, mint and coriander, mix thoroughly and
- simmer for 10-15 minutes. With a food processor or stick blender, blend the soup until smooth, optional.
- Place all the harissa dressing ingredients in a large jar and shake well to combine.
- Serve the soup with the harissa dressing drizzled on top.
- Top with a drizzle of tahini or yoghurt (optional)
Zoe Bingley- Pullin is a celebrity chef and nutritionist who is also one of the experts on Channel 7’s House of Wellness. She is also the author of several successful cookbooks.