Anyone else have the mid-week munchies? This delish Tofu Nourish Bowl from @hazel_and_cacao will have you diving in fork first to a big bowl of satisfying goodness ????
This one is a feast for your eyes as well as your belly, so is ideal for the gram too ????????
Tag us in your creations @lornajaneactive xx
Hi I’m Talida, Im a 32 year old mum that runs a whole food plant based food and womens health blog, Hazel & Cacao. I use my page to inspire women to eat well and try to spread education and awareness over hormone related womens health issues as well as foods and recipes to help women regain hormonal balance.
Follow me @hazel_and_cacao
Tofu Nourish Bowl
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (gluten-free, optional)
- 2 tbs dried vegetable stock
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- soy milk for coating
Nourish Bowl Ingredients
- 1/2 cup mixed brown and wild rice (cooked)
- cucumber slices
- shredded red cabbage
- sliced snow peas
- radish slices
- julienned carrot
- 2-3 tbs edamame beans
- 4 tbs raw honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chinese 5 spice
- chilli flakes to taste
- Pat dry tofu and cut into triangle shapes or whatever shape you like (about ½ cm thick)
- Mix breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, and vegetable stock together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl pour a little bit of soy milk. Enough to dip tofu pieces
- Dip the tofu pieces in the soy milk and then in the breadcrumb mixture making sure they are evenly coated
- Spread tofu on a baking tray and bake at 180 C for about 30 – 40 minutes until tofu is crispy but still soft on the inside.
- Assemble the tofu bowl using the rice as the base (there will be lots of tofu left over for another time) and placing the tofu and veggies however you like in the bowl
- For the sauce combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix with a spoon until well combined. Drizzle over the tofu nourish bowl and enjoy.