We love a good sweet potato – especially when they come in brownie form 😋
Bake up a batch of these sneakily healthy treats which have added fibre (for gut health), vitamins (A,B,C) and antioxidants as well as the healthy fats and properties from our good friends avo and coconut oil. Delicious and nutritious? It’s a yes from us 🙌🏼
Goodness Me Box is a great way to try new ingredients, snacks and samples with your health and wellness in mind.
Sweet Potato Brownies (Vegan Friendly!)
- 500g steamed + peeled sweet potato (cooked weight)
- 150g ( ¾ cup) coconut oil, solid state
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 50 g (½ cup) raw cacao powder
- 100g (1 cup) ground LSA meal
- 200 g (2 cups) almond meal
- 1 ripe avocado, seed removed (Chocolate Frosting)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (Chocolate Frosting)
- 30 g (2 tbsp) coconut oil, solid state (Chocolate Frosting)
- 25 g (¼ cup) raw cacao powder (Chocolate Frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract (Chocolate Frosting)
- Pinch of sea salt (Chocolate Frosting)
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a 20 x 20 baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend sweet potato, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cacao powder in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in LSA and almond.
- Spoon into a lined baking tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Completely cool before removing from tin.
To Make Frosting:
- Combine frosting ingredients into a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over the brownie, sprinkle with hemp seeds and raspberries. Enjoy!