Salted Caramel Cashew Smoothie
For the bowl:
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp each maca and mesquite powder
- 1/2 tbsp maple or yacon syrup (optional – for a sweeter bowl)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp peanut flour*
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 fresh fig, quartered
- 3 squares Loving Earth Lemon Caramel Chocolate (or high-quality chocolate of choice)
- 1 tsp Bee Pollen (optional – not vegan)
- 1 tbsp granola of choice
- Place all the bowl ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- In a small jug, mix together the chocolate sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Add toppings, drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy immediately.
If you don’t have peanut flour, sub your favourite nut butter, then heat gently and mix with 1/2 tbsp Loving Earth coconut oil and the same of Loving Earth Cacao Powder to make the chocolate sauce.
Make this nut-free by subbing the cashews with 1 1/2 tbsp tahini, and drizzle with you’re favourite melted chocolate bar instead of the chocolate drizzle.
Sally, The Fit Foodie is a self-confessed fitness + health foodie lover.
Concocting high-protein foods packed with good fats and wholesome nutrients, Sally shares her recipes to inspire other clean-eating journeys.
Blogging about her foodie adventures (and subsequently overcoming orthorexia) has propelled Sally into
freelance journalism, developing recipes and writing for a number of national health magazines. Sally is a proud Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, a yoga teacher, launched her own healthy snack business (Fit Mixes) and this year wrote her very first cookbook – Love Move Eat (Random House, March 2017).
Sally’s passion can been felt in her delicious, nourishing recipes.