As we are already in the second week of the Move Over Sugar Challenge, we thought it would be a great idea to bring you another refined sugar free recipe. This recipe not only calls for natural sources of sweetness, but also contains ingredients to help you fight off those sugar cravings!
The biggest thing to remember to avoid sugar cravings is to keep your blood sugar levels stable – as soon as they drop, that’s when cravings become unbearable. Fat is #1 when it comes to regulating our blood sugar levels. Our gingerbread cookies are loaded with healthy fats from the coconut, macadamias and sunflower seeds, leaving you feeling completely satiated. Spices, such as cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric, also help to regulate blood sugar levels and curb cravings.
Raw Gingerbread Cookies
Rhi’s Foodie Bites…Raw Gingerbread Cookies!
Total Time: 12 hours minutes
Servings: 10 Serves
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 ¼ cup macadamias
- ½ cup sunflower kernels
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp. fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Put macadamias, desiccated coconut and sunflower kernels into a food processor and blend until broken down into a crumb.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend again until well combined.
- Grabbing a chunk of dough, roll it into a ball with your hands, and press it down, thinly, onto a lined baking tray or dehydrator rack.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Dehydrate the cookies in a dehydrator for 8-10 hours, or dehydrate in an oven at the lowest possible temperature for 12hours, or until the cookies are crisp.
Keep us up-to-date on your Move Over Sugar Challenge and hash tag your tasty sugar-free treats for the opportunity to be featured in our eBook! #moveoversugar