This Friday is Anzac Day and it would be foolish of us to not supply you with a delicious Anzac biscuit recipe – of the healthy variety of course. These healthy Anzac biscuits have got the MNB tick of approval; packed with protein so you can reap the nutritional benefits, they sure are a delicious, healthy spin on your fave traditional biscuit. Enjoy making this super easy recipe to share with your family and take the time to remember the ANZACS.
Recipe Of The Week: Healthy Anzac Biscuits
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 12 Servings
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup plain natural protein powder
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 4 tbsp natural coconut syrup
- In a bowl mix together all try ingredients
- In a separate, heat proof bowl, pour the boiling water and immediately add the coconut syrup and bi-carb soda. Stir to dissolve the syrup, until the mix starts to foam (from the bi-carb)
- Pour immediately into the dry biscuit mix, as well as the melted butter or coconut oil and stir in well.
- Get a spoonful of biscuit mix into your hand, roll into a ball, and press down onto a lined baking tray. Repeat until you have used all the mix.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 150C for 10-12 minutes. Biscuits should have browned slightly.
Nourishing Note: Raw honey can be used as a substitute for coconut syrup
This article is a re-post from April 2013. We simply had to share it again so you could enjoy this wonderful recipe.