Satisfying and delicious? Yes PLEASE!! These Raw Mars Bars are the perfect treat. Great for an afternoon snack or even a dessert. Enjoy!
Raw Mars Bars
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds (optional– but so nutritious! 10g of plant protein per 3 tbsp. Feel free to add ground flaxseed in place)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp Sun Potion (completely optional! I used their Macuna Pruriens dopamine bean. Feel free to exclude or use an alternative adaptogenic powder/nutrient-dense powder for added benefits. Original ingredient list calls for lucuma)
- 3/4 dark chocolate bar (or sub 1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp freeze-dried strawberries
- In a food processor, pulse together base ingredients until it reaches a dough-like consistency.
- Press into base of parchment paper covered loaf tin and freeze for 10 minutes while you make filling.
- In same food processor, pulse together filling ingredients. Pour over the top of the chilled base and freeze once more for about 1-2 hours, or until firm.
- Using a knife, cut into rectangles. Melt chocolate bar + coconut oil in a medium bowl, then dip frozen bars until fully covered. Place on parchment paper, sprinkle with sea salt & freeze-dried strawberries and pop back in the freezer to harden! Enjoy!
Rachael DeVaux is a lover of all things health and wellness. She is currently living her dream as a registered dietitian and certified personal trainer sharing tips and tricks for a healthy lifestyle.
Her goal is to give people the tools they need in order to build healthy habits and to ultimately live a balanced lifestyle. Creating a positive environment around food, learning to think about ingredients and where they come from, and being mindful of what your body needs are just a few of the topics she hope’s to encourage through her page – to read more head to https://rachaelsgoodeats.com/ or follow her on Instagram @rachaelsgoodeats