Hemp, the new superfood on the block has been acknowledged by the governing body, Food Standards Australia New Zealand, as a highly nutritious food with multiple health benefits.
Boasting the optimum Omega 3:6 profile as well as all 21 essential and non-essential amino acids and is a whole complete protein. Hemp foods come in many forms such as a Hemp seed, oil, flour, protein powder or milk. Hemp food products are almost endless and can be used in baking or added to your favourite meals both sweet and savory as the seed is fully digestible and can be consumed directly without heating or cooking!
Check out this Raw Thai Coconut and Hemp Curry, packed with flavour and goodness AND ready lickity split!
Raw Thai Coconut and Hemp Curry
- 1 tablespoon currants, soaked
- ½ cup cauliflower florets, grated
- ¼ cup, grated sweet potato
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 long red chili sliced
- 1 tbsp. Hemp foods Australia hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander *to taste
- Drain currants and add to a medium bowl with the cauliflower, sweet potato, kale, carrot and chilli.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the curry sauce over the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and Hemp seeds.
Have you started adding hemp seeds to your cooking?
For more on hemp including more recipes and products, head to Hemp Foods Australia !