We love a good dessert here at MNB ???? This Raw Strawberry Cheesecake will be one of our go-to desserts as the weather starts to heat up and BBQ / holiday season gets into full swing!
It’s also vegan friendly so you know that all of your plant based pals will get to enjoy it too! xx
Raw Strawberry Cheesecake (vegan friendly)
- 6 dried figs
- 125 g (1 cup) walnuts
- 45 g (½cup) flaked almonds
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil
- 310 g (2 cups) unsalted cashews soaked in 375 ml (1½cups) coconut water overnight
- 60 g (1 cup) dried strawberries
- 40 g (½cup) dried raspberries
- 220 g (1 cup) frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- fresh strawberries and blueberries, to serve
- mint leaves, to serve
- Grease and line a 20 x 20 cm (8 x 8 in) brownie or slice tray.
- To make the base, combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz to a fine crumb. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared tray and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Put the cashews and their soaking water in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the base and gently smooth it out. Transfer to the freezer for 1 hour to set.
- Serve with fresh strawberries, blueberries and mint leaves.
- Tip: The longer your cashews soak, the softer and smoother your filling will be.
To learn more about Belinda Norton head to www.blivewear.com