This healthy pineapple fried rice is a sweet and savoury, vegan and gluten free version that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare! Plus you can serve it inside the pineapple and impress all your friends 🍍💁🏼♀️
Why We Love Pineapple
We love the health benefits of pineapple! This anti inflammatory and immune boosting fruit is rich in an amazing compound called Bromelain, which is found in the core. Bromelain helps to reduce phlegm and mucus in the chest and sinuses. It also works as an anti inflammatory for muscle sprains and sporting injuries, as it breaks down fibrin that causes scar tissue. Plus it is high in vitamin C, which stimulates the activity of white blood cells to boost the immunity system and fight off colds and viruses.
With so many reasons to eat pineapple… what are we waiting for?
Let’s Get Cooking🍍
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, diced
- 1 pineapple, halved lengthwise, centre (including core for added health benefits) scooped out and diced
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa/rice blend
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, crushed
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- Heat oil and cook spring onion, carrots, chilli, pineapple, capsicum and ginger until soft and pineapple begins to caramelise (approx 3 min)
- Add peas and cooked rice/quinoa blend to pan and cook for approx 3 minutes.
- Add tamari, stir through and spoon out into hollowed pineapple (or your serving dish).
- Add squeeze of lime and garnish with herbs, nuts and seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (optional) and serve.