It’s that time of year again. The month of love. At Lorna Jane we just wanted to send you all a little reminder that, at the end of the day, the person we usually forget to show the most deserved love is YOURSELF. So whether you’re throwing on a little black dress for a fancy night out, or a little black Lorna Jane outfit for a yoga day just remember that you are beautiful, strong and deserve a whole lotta BIG love this February (and all year ‘round of course).
To celebrate YOU we decided to put together a little perfect picnic package. If you want to take your bestie out, surprise the person you love, or even just treat yourself to a calm afternoon out in nature, pack a little basket with these self-care focused recipes!
Hormone Balancing Salted Cacao Truffles:
One of the most important things we ladies should focus on is hormone control. When your hormones are balanced you have better skin, more energy and best of all, less PMS problems! These delicious dark chocolate truffles are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat AND they’ll help sort those pesky hormones out as well.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maca powder (this is the magic for balancing your hormones!)
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- Pinch of sea salt
Options for dusting/rolling:
- Dessicated coconut
- Extra cacao
- Purple potato powder
- Finely chopped pistachios
- Matcha powder
- Add all of your ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. You can add a little more coconut oil if you need the mix to be a little more wet in order to roll.
- Wet your hands and roll your cacao truffles into little bite sized balls.
- Dust them in whichever coating you prefer, I used cacao, coconut, pistachios and purple potato powder for some colour!
Obviously the number one pitfall of all these little festive holidays is all the sugary treats, champagne and chocolates! To help you keep your Nourish goals for 2018 we thought we would treat you ladies to a delicious virgin, sugar-free G&T.
Ingredients (for two):
- 1 bottle of The Duchess (the floral one works well too!) – if The Duchess is not available in your area, try Seedip or your favourite botanical blend smile
- Splash of pineapple juice (fresh if possible & sugar free)
- ½ cup coconut water
- Lemon slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- Edible flowers, for garnishing
- 1 cup ice
- Pour the pineapple juice, The Duchess, and coconut water over the ice.
- Add the lemon and mint along with your flowers to finish it off and voila!
The perfect refreshing summer drink that pairs perfectly with our delicious truffles.
So share the love this February, especially with yourself. You deserve it girl xx
Lexi Monzeglio (@leximonzeglio) is a Lorna Jane South Africa Sister. A plant-based chef and food creative from Joburg, she started out in advertising but through her food blog (@plantlifeblog), food styling and recipe development, she made her way into a kitchen over the years.
Lexi qualified through Matthew Kenney’s plant-based culinary course and now works as a chef, stylist and consultant full time.