By now, we all know that when it comes to ingredients in your food, less is more. But sometimes when you’re active and always on the go with a booked schedule, it’s hard to have wholesome, nourishing snacks readily available. If you find yourself in this dilemma most days of the week, we’d like to introduce to your new best friend, LÄRABAR.
Not only are LÄRABAR snacks made with simple ingredients, (and as few of them as possible) they also happen to be insanely delicious. So we thought, why not take it a step further and turn a delicious LÄRABAR snack into a delicious meal? Turns out LÄRABAR fans all over the world have already gotten creative with their favorite snack and we just want to share our faves. So the next time hunger hits (and hits quick!) grab your nearest LÄRABAR and whip up one of these.
Strawberry, Avocado & Kale Salad
This colorful salad uses summer fruits and vegetables, along with the nuts and seeds of LÄRABAR Renola for a finishing crunch. A lemony dressing ties everything together. This recipe is paleo-friendly, vegan, and gluten free.
Yields 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 package baby kale (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 packages Berry Renola
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic and Dijon in a jar. Cover and shake until emulsified.
- Combine kale, avocado, strawberries in a salad bowl and toss in dressing, adding a little bit at a time, making sure not to over-saturate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate the salads, finishing by sprinkling the almonds and Berry Renola on each plate.
Coconut Cream Pie Bar Kebobs with Mixed Berry & Mint
These mini kebobs are a light and refreshing addition to any appetizer spread. The tropical and nutty flavor of the bars pairs perfectly with the sweet tang of the berries, then the mint adds an unexpected bite. Mix and match the berries on each stick for a colorful array of kebobs.
Yields 15-20 kebobs
- 3 Coconut Cream Pie LÄRABAR bars, diced
- 15 raspberries
- 15 blackberries
- 15 blueberries
- 5 strawberries, diced to size of smaller berries
- 15 mint leaves, plus extra for optional garnish
- 20 toothpicks or small skewers
- Arrange each ingredient on your skewers however you see fit.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish plate with mint leaves.
Peanut Butter Berry Buckwheat Porridge
Buckwheat is a grainier alternative to oatmeal or breakfast quinoa. Just cook it in your milk of choice (we love almond milk, but coconut milk works well here too), and top it with your choice of LÄRABAR, fruits, and seeds.
Yields 1 serving
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1/2 Peanut Butter Cookie LÄRABAR, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 5 raspberries
- 5 blueberries
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs
- Boil the cup of water in a saucepan.
- When boiling, add the buckwheat and cook until water evaporates.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk and cook until liquid is gone, add the rest of the almond milk and cook until buckwheat is tender.
- When finished, stir in peanut butter and mix well.
- Add buckwheat mixture to bowl and decorate with LÄRABAR, chia seeds, strawberries, raspberries, cocoa nibs and blueberries.