This healthy Halloween recipe is going to take you right back to your childhood! Toffee Apples!!
In good news, our version is even more delicious and won’t result in getting stuck in your hair (just me? ✂🤷🏼♀️).
We recommend making a double batch… 1 for your trick or treaters and 1 for you to chomp into – because everyone loves a Toffee Apple!
Nutty Caramel Toffee Apples
- 1 cup medjool dates, seed removed
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 8 small granny smith apples
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- ½ cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Add the pitted dates to a food processor with milk, coconut oil, nut butter and pinch of salt and process until smooth.
- Push a stick into the centre of the apples.
- Line a container with baking paper.
- Using a spatula coat apples in caramel mixture.
- Dip in nuts and drizzle in melted chocolate.
- Place in freezer 10 minutes to set or refrigerate until required.
- Snack time!