Whoever said ‘you don’t win friends with salad’ clearly hasn’t tried this delicious Nourishing Autumn Salad!
With roasted pumpkin and the sweet hints of berry, this warming salad is the perfect dish to make a huge batch for entertaining and/or to meal prep to have you nourished all week long!
Nourishing Autumn Salad
PREPARE: 45 Minutes
- 1/3 of a pumpkin
- 2 capsicums
- 1 cup organic tricolour quinoa*
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 small red onion
- 6 cups kale (chopped, stems removed)
- ½ cup dried berries* (e.g. cranberry, goji)
- ½ cup crumbled goats cheese (optional)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk together.
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat the kale thoroughly.
- Let the salad rest in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This allows the kale to soften.
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut pumpkin into cubes.
- Roast pumpkin for 15 minutes.
- Whilst the pumpkin is in the oven, cut the capsicum into strips.
- After the pumpkin has been roasting for 15 minutes, add the capsicum and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Add a cup of quinoa to boiling water and allow to boil for 10-15 minutes. Strain and run under cold water until cool.
- Slice the onion finely and put into a bowl with cold water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spread the pecans on a separate ungreased baking tray.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, tossing occasionally. (Watch them closely so that the nuts don’t burn.)
- Remove from the oven. Once everything is out of the oven, add quinoa, pumpkin, capsicum and onion to the dressed kale. Then add the pecans, berries and crumbled goats cheese.
- Toss lightly and serve!
For more recipes using Morlife Organic Natural Health Foods or shop ingredients, head here!