Avert your eyes: Ridiculously sexy burrito bowl below! Just as the name suggests, we have stripped back our favourite go-to fast food and turned it into something magical.
What’s the secret to our Naked Burrito Bowl? It can be made with almost anything you have in your fridge, from beans or chickpeas, to turkey or beef mince. Perfect for meat-free Monday, to fast-food Friday, this recipe can be altered to suit any dietary needs or to whatever is hanging out in your fridge. Bookmark this recipe if you know what’s good for you 😉
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
- 200g mince or beans (you can choose any kind of mince, or even tinned & drained beans)
- 1 thumb ginger, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large chilli, finely chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cos lettuce leaves, finely chopped
- Shredded carrot
- Shaved cucumber
- ½ avocado, diced
- Fresh lime
- Cherry tomatoes
- Coriander to serve
- Black sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix to combine
- In a large fry pan heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil over a medium heat. Place mixture in the pan and lightly fry until mixture is cooked. (if you are cooking the beans, lightly pan fry until the spices are fragrant).
- Once cooked through, remove from heat.
- Serve in a bowl with the fresh ingredients.
This recipe can be made vegan-friendly! Other substitutes for the mince are soft tofu, chickpeas, and lentils.