Looking for a delicious feed in a flash? Omelettes are super quick and easy meal that will be on your plate in minutes. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This recipe uses mushrooms, spinach and asparagus but feel free to freestyle and add in any extra veggies you have left in the crisper. Great for later in the week when your veggies are starting to look a little worse for wear and you haven’t had time to re-stock the fridge! #reducewaste
Mushroom, Spinach & Asparagus Omelette
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 button mushrooms, chopped
- 2 asparagus spears, diced
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 3 eggs, free range
- 2 tablespoons water
- 20g organic hard cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat. Add oil and sauté mushrooms, spinach and asparagus. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs with 2 tablespoons water, pour into pan and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
- Add mushroom, spinach and asparagus to half the omelette.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley, fold in half and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Season well before serving.
Steph Lowe (the Natural Nutritionist) is a Nutritionist with over 10 years of experience. Originally trained in Sports Nutrition, Steph is a triathlete herself specialising in metabolic efficiency, long course fuelling, high performance fat loss and elite performance for enhanced recovery and sport longevity.
With a passion for spreading a positive message about real food and the incredible affect it has on performance, Her extensive nutritional experience spans from elite athletes, to schools, and corporations, where she has educated people about the importance of real food for productivity and performance.