We all know it’s easier to get up on the right side of the bed when you’ve got something to look forward to. This recipe by Luke & Scott is the perfect breakfast option to kick back with on a Sunday morning. Bear in mind, it does require a little forward planning, but the muesli works great when you create a big batch to have on hand for your active week ahead.
Bircher Muesli and Muddled Berries
Rise & Shine With This Bircher Muesli & Berry Recipe
Total Time: 24 hours minutes
Servings: Serves 2
- Bircher Muesli:
- 2/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. chopped pistachio kernels, to garnish
- Muddled Berries:
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup rasberries
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Zest of 1/2 orange, finally grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients for the Bircher together in a bowl (except the pistachios) and pop it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, wash and halve the berries.
- Using a fork, smash the berries together in a large bowl with the spices, orange zest and salt.
- Spoon the muddled berries into the muesli and sprinkle the pistachios on top.