Get your morning glow on with our Green Matcha Waffles!
These beauties don’t just taste amazing, they’re loaded with antioxidants that support glowing skin and heart health, as well as having caffeine and L-theanine to kick start your morning!
Why we love Matcha
Matcha powder AKA green tea powder is made from finely ground green tea leaves. Its loaded with antioxidants, even more than just drinking steeped green tea as you are consuming the entire leaf. These antioxidants stabilise free radicals helping keep our skin beautiful and wrinkle free. They also help reduce LDL cholesterol to reduce the risk of heart disease.
If you want a swap for your morning coffee, matcha is a great go to. Easy to prepare, just add water or hot milk, matcha contains both caffeine and L-theanine to give you that morning lift with the bonus benefit of L-theanine that helps to prevent that caffeine crash, giving you lasting alertness. L-theanine also helps to induce alpha brain waves helping to feel alert yet relaxed. Fancy a calm and productive morning? Yes Please!
Matcha is also a great source of chlorophyll which helps to detox the body by binding to heavy metals and alkalise the blood. With so many great reasons to get matcha in your diet, try our Matcha waffles today!
Waffles + Matcha = a Breakfast Matcha Made in Heaven 💚
Love this? Read more about matcha…
- 5 reasons to switch to matcha
- Simple skin brightening matcha face mask
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Matcha Oreo’s
- 1 ¼ cups white spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons golden castor sugar or 6 drops stevia
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 2 tablespoons golden castor sugar or 6 drops stevia
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana, sliced
- 250g strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- 200g coconut yoghurt
- Sift flour with baking powder and matcha powder.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until batter is smooth.
- Ladle ¼ cup into waffle maker and cook 4 minutes.
- Top with banana, berries and coconut yoghurt.
- Enjoy your super charged, super delicious breakfast!