Green is good This super smoothie bowl has all of our favourite green players… matcha, kiwi, kale and avo. Embrace your inner greenie (or Hulk) and blend up this baby for a delicious breakfast or snack.
Smoothie bowls are such a great way to enjoy everything you love about a smoothie, with a little extra fun and sustenance. If you find your morning smoothie doesn’t sustain you for too long, try topping it with some extra nuts, seeds, dried fruit, fresh fruit, oats or activated buckwheat. You can also try adding a teaspoon of plant-based protein for a little extra substance.
Matcha Kiwi and Avocado Smoothie Bowl
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- ½ a ripe avocado
- 2 leaves of kale, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 kiwi fruit (skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of your favourite plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon of buckinis
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon of dried rose petals
- A few slices of blood orange for garnish
- Or any toppings of your choice
- Chop up your banana, avocado and kale.
- Blend with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour your smoothie into a bowl.
- Add toppings generously.
What’s your favourite smoothie bowl topping combo?
Kelly Alexander has been immersed in the world of raw food and vegan cuisine for over ten years. Initially training with highly acclaimed raw food chef Elaina Love in Bali, Kelly has worked in raw and health food establishments in Australia, Canada, Indonesia, the U.S. and Thailand, designing, teaching and implementing innovative menus that combine vibrant nutrition with abundant flavour and creative flare.
Kelly holds a Raw Chef Certification, a Raw Nutrition Certification and is a qualified Health Coach. As a freelance writer, Kelly regularly contributes to numerous online journals and websites and has supplied countless recipes and informative articles as a raw chef for both e-books and print media.
Her passion for health and wellness extends beyond the kitchen to her love of yoga, nature, animals, travel and adventure. Her commitment to living a mindful, simple and radiant life is her inspiration for the creations and wisdom that she shares with others.