Matcha Greenola Bars
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free, as needed)
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup granulated stevia (or additional rice malt)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Preheat the open to 160°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, nuts, coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, matcha and salt together.
- Add the rice malt syrup, stevia (if using) and coconut oil, then mix well.
- Press the sticky mix into a small oven-proof dish lined with baking paper.
- Press the mix down with the back of a spoon and bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
Top tip: Smash this up after cooling for delicious Matcha Granola! Just store it in an airtight jar for up to 3 weeks.
Can’t get enough matcha in your life? Try these other delicious matcha recipes :)
Sally, The Fit Foodie is a self-confessed fitness + health foodie lover.
Concocting high-protein foods packed with good fats and wholesome nutrients, Sally shares her recipes to inspire other clean-eating journeys.
Blogging about her foodie adventures (and subsequently overcoming orthorexia) has propelled Sally into freelance journalism, developing recipes and writing for a number of national health magazines. Sally is a proud Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, a yoga teacher, launched her own healthy snack business (Fit Mixes) and this year wrote her very first cookbook – Love Move Eat (Random House, March 2017).
Sally’s passion can been felt in her delicious, nourishing recipes.
Love taking food snaps but want to take your shots to the next level? Sally is running a special food photography class! Click here to learn more and secure your place!