Maple Syrup Custard with Berry and Almond Salad
When looking for something sweet to end your day, this maple syrup custard is a great go to.
The use of eggs, milk and nuts makes this a high protein dessert sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The berry salad can be made in a large batch and stored in the fridge for a few days.
Prep: 5-10 minutes
Cooking: 20-25 minutes
Maple Syrup Custard
- 6 free range eggs
- 3 cups full cream milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. In a bowl whisk the eggs and milk.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Pour into 4-6 small ramekins and place in a water bath.
- Fill water 2/3 way up side of ramekin.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Berries and Almonds Salad
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1 cup roasted almond chopped into rough pieces
- Mix the two ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve the cooked custard with the berries on top.
Easy! A warming and satisfying dessert to please any sweet tooth!
Zoe Bingley- Pullin is a celebrity chef and nutritionist who is also one of the experts on Channel 7’s House of Wellness. She is also the author of several successful cookbooks.