Lorna joined The Doctors to talk Love You and share some of her super simple ‘healthy indulgence’ recipes that not only taste amazing (check out the reactions of The Doctors when they give them a try! bigsmile ) but are also full of nutritious vitamins and minerals.
If you love chocolate, peanut butter or ice cream, you definitely need to check this one out.
Spoiler – there’s also ice cream you can eat right after your workout!
Miss the show? Don’t worry, you can check it out right here and the recipes are below so you can try them yourself.
Lorna’s Healthy Indulgences – Recipes
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons cacao
- 3 tablespoons coconut syrup or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat over 180C (356F) and line a baking tray. Place hazelnuts on tray and rest for 8 minutes.
- Place in the centre of a clean tea towel and make a bundle around nuts, then rub on a benchtop to remove hazelnut skins.
- Place skinned hazelnuts into food processor and blend for 3 minutes or until a paste has formed.
- Add in cacao, coconut syrup, coconut oil and blend to combine.
- Add in water and salt and blend to for a smooth paste. Refrigerate until required.
- Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before required to allow paste to soften.
- Store this in your refrigerator for 1 week.
Hazelnut Crunch Fudge
- 1 cup choc hazelnut spread (see previous recipe)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped hazelnut
- Place hazelnut spread and coconut in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line a 10cm x 15cm plastic container with baking paper. Pour in fudge, and spread out evenly. Pour over extra hazelnuts and press into mixture.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from tray and cut into 12 pieces.
- Keep these in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- Store in your refrigerator for 1 week.
Sweet & Spicy Peanut Butter (N)Ice Cream
- 2 frozen banana, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- Place all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.
- Top with your favorite chopped nuts and an extra sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Which is your favourite?
You can check out The Doctors here.
Don’t forget to order your copy of Love You (here) The perfect gift for you this Christmas <3