Kimchi Veggie Burger – Healthy Fake-Away
Prep Time20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup white beans or chickpeas, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, gluten free breadcrumbs or cooked quinoa
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg or chia egg
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, to fry
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 spring onion
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Cucumber slices
- Tomato slices
- Heat coconut oil in and sauté sweet potato 4 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook another minute.
- Place in food processor with beans and pulse to combine.
- Add quinoa, spring onions, egg, tamari and coriander.
- Pulse to combine.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Make into 6 patties 1.5cm thick and roll in sesame seeds.
- Place in fridge covered for 30 minutes to set.
- Blend avocado mayo ingredients to desired consistency.
- Heat pan with coconut oil and fry burger patties until cooked through and crisp on the outside.
- Assemble the burger by using fresh lettuce leaves instead of a burger bun and top with fresh tomato, cucumber, sprouts, avo mayo and kimchi.
- Serve and enjoy!