Kale & Mushroom Pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes
- 125g buckwheat flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 150ml milk
- 1 tbsp mixed dry herbs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup pine mushrooms
- 1 cup kale leaves, chopped
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Dill (to garnish)
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl, then add the dry herbs and mix well. Crack an egg into to centre and mix again.
- Add the milk and an equal amount of water, then mix until smooth.
- Set aside, whilst you make the filling.
- Mix the yoghurt, cucumber and tomato together until combined and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and kale, sautéing for a few minutes until the mushrooms soften and the kale wilts. Tip the mix into a bowl and add the pan back to the stove.
- Pour in the pancake batter to cover the base of the pan thinly, Fry for a minute until the underside looks golden brown, the flip and cook the other side.
- Remove the pancake to a plate and top with yoghurt, kale and mushrooms, then season and devour.
Sally, The Fit Foodie is a self-confessed fitness + health foodie lover.
Concocting high-protein foods packed with good fats and wholesome nutrients, Sally shares her recipes to inspire other clean-eating journeys.
Blogging about her foodie adventures (and subsequently overcoming orthorexia) has propelled Sally into freelance journalism, developing recipes and writing for a number of national health magazines. Sally is a proud Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, a yoga teacher, launched her own healthy snack business (Fit Mixes) and this year wrote her very first cookbook – Love Move Eat (Random House, March 2017).
Sally’s passion can been felt in her delicious, nourishing recipes.
Love taking food snaps but want to take your shots to the next level? Sally is running a special food photography class! Click here to learn more and secure your place!