Mmm, Mexico. Seriously – what’s not to love? The fresh flavours, colourful decor and all-round laid-back vibe of a fab fiesta. Our fave national cuisine has got everything you need to satisfy your cravings and have a good time!
To be honest… Mexican food isn’t always the healthiest option on the menu. Especially those crispy corn chips and layers of melted cheese, topped with chilli salsa, more melted cheese and guacamole. Did we mention cheese? But here’s the good news – with a bit of MNB magic, you can still have your weekly Mexican meal and keep your fit frame.
We’re all about those slight tweaks to traditional dishes to make way for a brand new, abracadabra healthy version that, in our humble opinion, tastes even better than the original.
We’ve reworked classic Carbonara, Lasagna and Burger recipes, and now it’s time to overhaul your go-to Mexican dish! Because we never want you to be without your favourite food while you’re eating healthy.
When it comes to Mexican cuisine, tacos are always a crowd-pleaser. They’re easy breezy to prepare, super colourful and fun to assemble. Jazz up the table with a Mexican throw, candles, some festive music, and you’ve got yourself a Mexican party.
We’ve created a healthy spin on a traditional Mexican fave with our healthy fish tacos! This is a dish that the whole family will enjoy and a sure-fire hit for your next dinner party. On the plus side… it only takes 20 minutes to create. Winner!
Healthy Fish Tacos
Hey Senorita, Try Our Healthy Fish Tacos!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Serves 2
- 2 wholegrain tortilla wraps
- 400g white fish fillets, such as snapper
- 100ml coconut cream
- ¼-½ large green chilli, finely sliced
- 2 stalks coriander, thoroughly washed and roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 corn cob
- Extra coriander and lime zest, to serve
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut cream, chilli, coriander and lime zest. Place the fish fillets in the bowl and turn to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, place the flesh of the avocado, minced garlic, pepper, and lime juice. Mash well with a fork.
- Grill the cob of corn on a hot plate with the coconut oil until seared on each side. Remove corn kernels carefully with a sharp knife.
- Then, grill fish for 3-4 mins each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Assemble the taco by spreading over the avocado mix, and topping it with the fish, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, lime zest and coriander.
Love this recipe? Let us know. Comment below with some of your fave ways to make Mexican healthy!