Hallou-mi to introduce you to your newest go-to salad…. our Halloumi and Lentil Salad. Low carb and packed with protein, this salad is the perfect light but satisfying meal on the go!
From prep to belly in under 30 minutes, we love this as a nutritious but speedy mid-week meal
Light, Fresh & Packed With Protein. Say ‘Hallo’ to our Halloumi & Lentil Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 200 grams halloumi, sliced into 1cm thick slabs
- 1 cup brown lentils, washed
- 300 grams heirloom cherry tomatoes
- ½ zucchini, shaved
- 2 sprigs dill
- 2 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 4 medjool dates, finely chopped
- large pinch alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sprigs basil, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring 4 cups water to the boil.
- Add in your rinsed lentils and rapidly simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
- In the meantime, make your dressing and set aside.
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain, rinse and place in a large bowl.
- Pre-heat a large fry-pan on a medium heat with the coconut oil.
- Add in the halloumi and pan fry on each side until golden.
- Halfway through cooking the halloumi, add in the cherry tomatoes and mix around to blister the skin.
- Once the halloumi and cherry tomatoes are cooked, remove from pan, and add to the lentil mixture.
- Toss to combine and divide between 2 bowls.
- Top with the fresh herbs, sprouts and dressing and serve!