Can’t decide between a gingerbread house or a cake? Why not have both! Our Gingerbread Christmas Tree Cake is the perfect festive combination and uses our yummy healthy gingerbread recipe as delicious decoration.
Gingerbread Christmas Tree Cake
Get your bake on with this Gingerbread Christmas Cake recipe! Decorate with gingerbread pieces (here’s the recipe) and dust with icing sugar.
Easily adaptable to be vegan friendly and dairy free!
- 2 cups white spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs to make vegan)
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup nut milk (or milk of choice)
- 120 grams coconut oil
- Icing sugar and ginger bread* to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a 20 cm cake tin or loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine flour and spices. In another bowl combine vanilla, egg, molasses, yoghurt, nut milk and oil and whisk until well combined.
- Pour wet mixture into flour mixture and fold to combine.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Decorate with ginger bread* and icing sugar.
- Slice, serve and savour!