Happy 4th July! If you’re looking for a simple, delicious dessert that’s ready in a flash and even better – with only a few ingredients… we’ve got you covered!
So, if you’re too busy enjoying your day to spend hours in the kitchen or are hit up with some last minute BBQ plans – this is the pie for you!
Happy 4th July!
It’s pie time!
Easy American Berry Pie
- 600g fresh berries (we used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 3 sliced steamed apples
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sweet short crust pastry
- Egg wash to brush
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Combine berries, apple, maple, corn flour, vanilla and place in pie dish
- Cut pastry to desired shapes (we went for the stars and stripes optionsmile )
- Brush with egg wash
- Bake until cooked through and golden (approximately 25 min)
- Serve with ice cream, cream or coconut yoghurt
- Dish up warm and enjoy!