Combining two of our faves, this delicious Earl Grey Tea Cake is the afternoon treat you need ????
The perfect mix of fresh and sweet, this delicately flavoured Earl Grey Tea Cake is also dairy free and vegan friendly!
So, pop on the kettle ready to make a pot of tea and we predict it’ll be love at first bite ☕️????
Goodness Me Box is a great way to try new ingredients, snacks and samples with your health and wellness in mind.
Earl Grey Tea Cake (Vegan Friendly)
- 500g apples, peeled and cored (or pureed)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid state
- 1 packet earl grey tea (2g or 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 cups almond meal
Ingredients - Frosting
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 30 g (2 tbsp) coconut oil, solid state (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- Pinch of sea salt (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 1/4 cup filtered water (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a 20 x 20 baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend apples, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and tea in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in almond meal and ground flaxseed.
- Spoon into a lined baking tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Completely cool before removing from tin.
- Top with lemon cashew cream, blueberries and lemon rind.
- Combine frosting ingredients into a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Store the remaining cream in the fridge for up to 5 days.