Combining two of our faves, this delicious Earl Grey Tea Cake is the afternoon treat you need 😍
The perfect mix of fresh and sweet, this delicately flavoured Earl Grey Tea Cake is also dairy free and vegan friendly!
So, pop on the kettle ready to make a pot of tea and we predict it’ll be love at first bite ☕️🍰
Goodness Me Box is a great way to try new ingredients, snacks and samples with your health and wellness in mind.
Earl Grey Tea Cake (Vegan Friendly)
- 500g apples, peeled and cored (or pureed)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid state
- 1 packet earl grey tea (2g or 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 cups almond meal
Ingredients - Frosting
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 30 g (2 tbsp) coconut oil, solid state (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- Pinch of sea salt (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- 1/4 cup filtered water (Lemon Cashew Frosting)
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a 20 x 20 baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend apples, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and tea in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in almond meal and ground flaxseed.
- Spoon into a lined baking tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Completely cool before removing from tin.
- Top with lemon cashew cream, blueberries and lemon rind.
- Combine frosting ingredients into a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Store the remaining cream in the fridge for up to 5 days.