These crunchy, flavoursome tempeh wraps are perfect for a protein packed lunch or speedy dinner. Silverbeet makes a delicious, easy alternative to a bread based wrap and will leave you full without the bread belly bloat.
Roll in your favourite fresh sprouts for added crunch and nutrients!
Crunchy Silverbeet Tempeh Wraps
- 1 bunch silverbeet or collard greens (depending on what’s in season)
- 1 block chickpea and linseed tempeh
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 – 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 pomegranate
- Broccoli sprouts
- 1 tub of hummus (homemade or store bought)
- Wash Leaves and remove stems ¾ way up the leaf leaving roughly 10cm at the end.
- Slice Tempeh lengthways and sprinkle both sides with Ground Cummin.
- Fry in a heavy based pan until golden brown.
- Grate carrot and set aside.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and place in a bowl.
- Have all the ingredients ready to assemble.
- To assemble, place the silverbeet or collard leaf on a cutting board with the uncut end facing towards you.
- On the uncut part spread your Hummus. Layer with other ingredients.
- Overlap the leaves so there is no gap where you have cut the stem out.
- Roll once, bring sides over then continue rolling until you have a tight roll. (roll like you would a spring roll)
- Slice rolls in half and serve.
This podcast has inspired, impacted and reached millions of people. During this series he speaks to like-minded people about common fears among men and women transitioning from animal foods.
Simon shares his personal experience with living plant-based and his wealth of knowledge on staying healthy as well as delicious recipes!