Want to know the secret to Lorna’s delicious lunches that she posts on the gram? (Head over to @ljclarkson if you aren’t already following Lorna). It’s simple! Good food, nourishing ingredients, EPIC flavours!
15 minutes is all you need to meal prep her delicious Coconut Lemongrass Chicken lunch (which is also in this month’s Active Living Program).
That’s 2 lunches, in only 15 minutes.
You’ll be the envy of the office with these super nourishing lunches, just don’t tell anyone how easy it was. 😉
Coconut Lemongrass Shredded Chicken with Slaw
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Coconut lemongrass chicken
- 300 grams chicken breast
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off and rest chicken in liquid 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- Shred before adding to salad.
- 2 cups wombok cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 5 snowpeas, thinly sliced
- 10 sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mung bean sprouts
- Handful fresh coriander, sliced
- Handful fresh mint, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all salad ingredients and portion into two glass containers.
- Add shredded chicken and dressing to serve.
- Keeps 3 days refrigerated.
Let’s get prepping!
Protein: 150 grams chicken (33 grams protein)
Carbohydrates: 100 grams berries (14 grams carbohydrates) + 200 grams mixed fibrous vegetables (10 grams carbohydrates)
Fats: 20 grams almonds + 1/4 avocado +2 teaspoons sesame seeds (15 grams fat)