I’ve always been a morning person and hand on heart, rise with the sun (no alarm) without fail. But don’t ask me to walk the dog, practice yoga or do a workout before my Wake-up Smoothie
We all have our rituals, and this delicious smoothie wakes me up and gives me just the right amount of energy to work out and kick start my day the way I like it! So much that I even pack my blender and whip it up in my hotel room when I travel.
And because we’re talking about holidays and staying fit, healthy and feeling ourselves when we travel, I thought I’d share my smoothie recipe with you because I’m thinking that you just might love to start your day with it too.
My Wake-up Smoothie:
- 1 shot of espresso that has been in the fridge overnight
- ½ a banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate Protein powder (I like The Beauty Chef or Happy Way)
- Coconut water or filtered water (cold)
- 1 glass of ice (make a couple of trays if you are in a hotel and store them in a glass in the freezer section of the fridge or call room service)
- 1 sachet of collagen powder (Pro Plenish is my favourite)
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend for 30-40 seconds.
.. Water to ice ratio is entirely up to you – Bill likes his super icey so he can eat it with a spoon and I like mine at milk shake consistency
.. For those of you who are not so much ‘Morning People’ you can add another shot of espresso for more of a caffeine hit!
.. Do not put hot coffee in your blender … it explodes!
.. Make sure that everyone is awake in the room before you turn the blender on and wake them up in the worst possible way!
Love, Lorna xx
Let me know what you think?
And, do you have a Morning Smoothie that you would like to share with me too?