The Better Burrito
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 250g sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/ red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup kidney or black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 large wholemeal tortilla wrap
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan sea salt flakes (to taste)
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a high heat
- Add the steak and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning a few times.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest.
- In the same pan (no need to clean), add the capsicum, onion, garlic, tomatoes, herbs and paprika, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the steak into thin strips and add back to the pan, tossing a few times to mix well.
- Add the beans to cook for another minute, then pile the mixture onto the tortilla.
- Season the mixture and squeeze over lime. Roll up and enjoy!
Sally, The Fit Foodie is a self-confessed fitness + health foodie lover.
Concocting high-protein foods packed with good fats and wholesome nutrients, Sally shares her recipes to inspire other clean-eating journeys.
Blogging about her foodie adventures (and subsequently overcoming orthorexia) has propelled Sally into
freelance journalism, developing recipes and writing for a number of national health magazines. Sally is a proud Ambassador for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, a yoga teacher, launched her own healthy snack business (Fit Mixes) and this year wrote her very first cookbook – Love Move Eat (Random House, March 2017).
Sally’s passion can been felt in her delicious, nourishing recipes.