We’re all ???? over this Berry & Cream Tart, our new fav vegan dessert! It tastes amazing, is easy to make AND has all of the yummy berry goodness.
The perfect dessert to enjoy at home or if it’s your turn to take a plate x
Berries – powerhouses of goodness!????
There are so many reasons to love berries… here are just a few:
- That beautiful colour of berries is not only pretty but contains some powerhouse antioxidants such as anthocyanins, ellagic acid and resveratrol that help to slow aging and reduce effects of oxidative stress from of everyday life. Blueberries, blackberries and raspberries have the highest antioxidant levels of any fruit.
- Although super convenient, it has been found that freezing diminishes then the level of antioxidants by up to 50%. So fresh is best when you can.
- Berries are great for preventing premature skin aging as studies have shown that the ellagic acid in berries has been found to protect collagen from enzyme breakdown.
- Berries are high in soluble fibre which helps to make you feel full for longer and promotes healthy weight. The high fibre content also means the absorbable carbohydrate quantity is lower than other fruits.
- Berries are a brain food, with studies showing that consuming berries rich in polyphenolics as part of a healthy diet helps to mop up toxins that affect brain health.
- And last but not least… they taste delicious!
Berry & Cream Tart (vegan friendly)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons rice syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 270ml can light coconut cream
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 cups frozen berries, thawed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or rice syrup
- Juice of a lime
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- 200g fresh berries to decorate
- Place coconut and cashews in a grinder or food processor and process until a fine meal.
- Add rice syrup and coconut oil. Blend to combined and doughlike.
- Press into 20cm tart tin. Chill in freezer whilst making filling.
- In a blender add cashews and coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Add berries, coconut oil, maple or rice syrup, vanilla, lime juice and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into tart case and set in freezer 1 hour or until set.
- To serve decorate, with fresh fruit and berries.