What better way to show Mum the love on Mother’s Day than by cooking up a delicious breakfast (and treating her to some new LJ wink )?
We all know that peanut butter makes the world go around, so why not show Mum how much you love her by whipping up some peanut butter based goodness to start the day off perfectly!
Our friends at Pic’s have shared some of their yummiest breakfast recipes to make sure that this Mother’s Day, you’re top of the favourite kid list
Pic’s Peanut Butter Banoffee Chia Oats
- 1/3 cup organic oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp mesquite
- 3/4 cup macadamia milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp Pic’s Peanut Butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Place nut milk, banana, dates, peanut butter and salt in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Combine oats, chia seeds, mesquite and banana-date mix in a saucepan.
- Cook for approx. 10 minutes (time will vary depending on the type of oats you use).
- Transfer to bowls and top with additional peanut butter and/or your choice of fresh fruit.
Pic’s Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup buckinis
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 3/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup smooth Pic’s Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 180c degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add coconut oil and peanut butter, mix well.
- Spread granola over a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave granola in the oven for approx. 30 minutes to continue baking.
- Once completely cooled, store granola in an air-tight glass jar.
- Serve with your favourite milk and top with fresh fruit.
Happy Mother’s Day! xox
How are you treating Mum this Mother’s Day?