I love Halloween! Apart from fancy dress (which I do everywhere) I love pumpkins. I think it’s because it’s an ingredient I don’t use all year round and there’s so many different recipes you can make with it, from these simple delicious Pumpkin Protein Balls to pumpkin ice-cream, yes ice-cream!
Quick and easy to make, these protein balls have a delicious seasonal taste and can be shaped to look like little Jack O’Lanterns or pumpkins for a fun twist. smile
So add a little extra protein power to your Halloween with these simple Pumpkin Protein Balls!
Serves: 12 balls
- 5 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 3 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. crunchy cashew butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Melted dark chocolate to drizzle over
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all the protein ball ingredients and using a spoon or your hands mix together until you have a smooth dough (not too wet or too dry).
- Taking sections, roughly measuring 1 tbsp. roll into balls using your hands.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
- Store the balls in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Will you be mixing up a batch of these powered up pumpkin snacks?
Roz Purcell is a bestselling cookery author and entrepreneur. Roz has successfully launched a stellar media career which includes awinning role on Come Dine with Me Ireland, a guest chef appearance on TV3’s the Restaurant, and a stint as a Celebrity Bainisteor on RTE.
Her passion for healthy food and lifestyle has earned her thousands of followers on social media in recent years. You can connect with Roz on Instagram via @naturalbornfeeder and you can check out more of her delicious recipes here!