It’s far from a secret that here at Lorna Jane, we’re big fans of peanut butter, and put frankly, we can’t get enough of the good golden stuff. There’s nothing we love more than finding new and unexpected ways to add a healthy helping of PB to the mix… Exhibit A.) Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Exhibit B.) Peanut Butter Fudge and Exhibit C.) Kumura and Peanut Butter Soup… so imagine our overwhelming sense of elation when we discovered our good friend Jessica Sepel from JS Health had dreamed and schemed a recipe for Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread. No.Words. What’s more? This lovely loaf is also gluten AND dairy free making it the perfect sweet treat for those of us with food allergies and sensitivities.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup LSA mix/ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup/raw honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Combine wet ingredients, except raspberries, either mixing them by hand or processing in a food processor/blender.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold through the raspberries.
- Lightly oil a loaf tin with some coconut oil, then line with baking paper.
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden and cooked through – insert a skewer to test, it should come out dry.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow it to cool in tin.
- When cool, turn tin upside down and remove loaf. Slice loaf into 12 slices.
- Serve with Raspberry Chia Jam (recipe below) and extra peanut butter.
Raspberry Chia Jam:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until combined. Add more water if the mixture is too thick.
- Place in a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Jessica is passionate about helping individuals embrace a healthier lifestyle through nutrition and believes food can heal all. Highly renowned for making healthy choices easy and sustainable, Jessica is committed rebuilding her clients relationship with their body.
Having completed a Bachelor of Health Science and Nutritional Medicine, Jessica’s policy to a healthy lifestyle is informed by a well-researched understanding of nutrition, and complemented by a passion to achieve physical and psychological balance.