When was the last time you had a chicken nugget? If it came in a little red box with a small coke and fries, then it’s been too long! But we’re about to change all that, and we’re officially giving you the green light to knock back a nugget… or 3 (seriously, once you pop you can’t stop). But before you go checking our temperature, we’ve MNB’ified it of course, and kept it free from all the nasties – no deep fryer required.
The perfect little morsel to pair with a side salad for dinner or even to have as a quick post workout protein hit, these nourishing chicken nuggets are everything and more.
Nourishing Chicken Nuggets
Makes: 4 serves
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
You will need:
For the nuggets
2 organic chicken breasts, sliced 1 cm thickness
2/3 cup almond meal
2 Tablespoons arrowroot
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 cup mineral water
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons coconut oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl whisk all batter ingredients until smooth.
- Heat coconut oil in fry pan to medium high heat.
- Dip chicken breast slices into batter with slotted spoon then place into oil and fry 2 minutes each side.
- Place on oven tray and bake for 4 minutes until cooked through. Place on paper towel until ready to serve. Serve with green chips.
For the green chips:
- 4 kale stems, leaves removed, washed and ripped into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil, which ever taste you prefer)
Let’s make it:
- In a lined baking tray, lay the kale pieces out and massage in the olive oil. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and salt. Bake in a 180C oven for 12 minutes or until crunchy.
Is there a recipe you’re dying for us to recreate? Let us know in the comments below.